At Summit College, the Student Services department assists students through their college experience by offering a wide variety of services. Our goal is simple: help our students complete their training programs and graduate.
Our general services include:
- Information on community resources—emergency housing, utility assistance, family services, food and clothing programs, and ride-share assistance
- Attendance/enrollment/graduation verifications
- Student IDs—new and replacements
- Student records—transcripts and certificates of completion
- Graduation ceremonies—valedictorian and salutatorian recognition
- Veterans benefits information
- Student name/address/phone/e-mail changes
- Schedule changes
- Student recognition—perfect attendance and academic achievement
The Learning Academy, Library and Computer Lab
The Summit College Learning Academy, Library and Computer Lab are situated in the heart of the college and are central to the support of student learning.
Open six days a week to all students and graduates, the Learning Academy is a supervised, quiet and comfortable area offering computer systems and free printer services, along with the most current test practice questions to assist students with their academic needs.
LVN NCLEX Fees
Summit College offers several free academic assistance programs to better prepare our graduating Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) program students for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
Graduating students can participate in our extended learning program, full-time NCLEX tutoring services and NCLEX review classes. Students who participate in our NCLEX success programs are eligible to receive assistance toward paying their first-time application, registration and licensing fees associated with obtaining their LVN license.
Our NCLEX Success department staff is dedicated to ensuring that each and every student receives all the support necessary to reach his or her ultimate goal of passing the state board exams.
Summit College’s Tutoring program is dedicated to providing the support and assistance students need to succeed in their course work. Free individual and small group tutoring is provided in specific content areas, along with study skills assistance.
Summit College provides career services to all qualified graduates. We strive to help students to get interviews and locate possible job openings in their chosen career fields.
Our placement assistance is comprehensive and includes, but is not limited to:
- Resume preparation, customization and updates
- Workshops on professional attire
- Interviewing techniques and mock interviews that will help you enter each interview well prepared and confident
- Pre-placement interviews and pre-interview reviews to match you up with the most fitting employment prospects, all researched by our placement department
- Post-interview follow-up to give you feedback on your interview and help you improve your interviewing techniques
- Establishing sites for externships that are part of the course curriculum, proven to increase chances of hiring
- Setup and assessment of voluntary externships outside of your course curriculum, proven to increase your chances of hiring
- Follow-up after placement to ensure that you are satisfied with your new position and place of employment
We ask all students to provide accurate and up-to-date contact numbers and addresses so that we can maintain continued assistance. We encourage all students to provide a resume before completing their program of study.