At Summit College, we are committed to assisting our students in their pursuit of a rewarding career. Our Career Services staff works hard to help students with employment opportunities both before and after graduation. We offer a wealth of workshops and services that will help you be successful in your job search and subsequent career.
Job Search Preparedness
At Summit College, we want to arm you with all the tools that you need to be successful in your job hunt. That’s why we offer services that will help you in your search, including:
- Resume and cover letter instruction, customization, and tips
- Interview preparation assistance, including mock interviews to build your confidence
- Career counseling
- Assistance with job market and career research
- Assistance with identifying job leads
- Professional attire workshops
Job Placement Assistance
With a reputation for educating highly-skilled technical professionals, we have built solid connections with employers in business, technical, and allied health fields. While we aren’t able to guarantee a job placement, we can use those connections along with other services to help you connect with potential employers.
Some of our job placement assistance services include:
- Pre-placement interviews. We will match you with employment prospects we believe best fit your needs. All potential employers and matches are thoroughly researched by our placement department staff.
- Post-interview follow-up. We will provide you with valuable feedback on how you did on your interview. You can use this information to improve your interviewing techniques for the future.
- Placement follow-up. While a new job is the ultimate goal, our assistance doesn’t end there. After you have had time to adjust to your new position, we will want to follow-up to ensure you are satisfied with both the job and your new place of employment.
At Summit College, we focus on providing you with the hands-on training you need to do well in your new job. We believe that the best way to really learn is by doing, and that is why we offer a valuable externship program. You will be placed in a real-world professional setting to get the knowledge and skills you need to be successful.
Most of our programs – specifically our technical programs – require the completion of an externship before graduation. As part of our externship services, we offer:
- Externship placement services. We work to establish externship sites that will help you apply your program’s core curriculum.
- Pre-requisite assistance. We will coordinate any externship pre-requisites to help you prepare for your placement, including health screenings, background checks, or drug testing.
- Externship supervision. We will oversee your placement and ensure that you complete your training, including the required number of externship hours.
Your externship will also be a valuable tool to make good professional connections, and it may lead to full-time employment upon completion of your program. We hope you take your externship as an opportunity for growth.
We are here to help you be successful as you transition into your new career. Stop by our Career Services Center today.