Throughout its history, Summit College has been committed to assisting those who have served our country so honorably. For more than 20 years, our school has provided special conditions to assist military service members and their families in the pursuit of an education. We understand that having proper instruction can make all the difference when finding a job opportunity, so we do our best to provide just that.
At Summit College, we offer three campuses in California that make it as convenient as possible for military service members to pursue a higher education:
- El Cajon Campus
- Colton Campus
- Santa Ana Campus
Each campus is equipped with the modern facilities, computers, and Learning Academies needed to help our students succeed in their education.
Military Benefits Available
Summit College (Colton Campus) is approved for training of veterans and other eligible persons under Title 38 of the United States Code. We can certify students under the following chapters:
- Chapter 30 - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation Assistance
- Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35 - Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA)
- Chapter 1606 - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Get Started with Your Military Benefits
At Summit College, our faculty and staff are proud to assist military members, veterans, spouses, and dependents to further their education. Veterans, survivors, or dependents may be eligible for benefits via the Veterans Administration, while active duty service members might be entitled to tuition assistance. The staff at our Student Services Department is here to help you navigate the process to find the benefits to which you are entitled.
To use your military benefits at Summit College, you will need to complete a three-step process:
- Apply for Admissions to Summit College. Check out our admissions requirements and request your joint service transcripts.
- Apply for Military Benefits. To apply for your particular military benefit, you will need to submit an application through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The amount that you receive will be based on the type of training you pursue, the length of your service, college fund eligibility, and your category, among other factors.
- Understand Your Responsibilities. To keep your benefits, you may have certain responsibilities, such as maintaining good academic standing or submitting your grades upon completion of your courses.
We are excited that you are considering Summit College to continue your education and look forward to helping you take this next step in your career. Stop by the Student Services Department to speak with the VA Certifying Official for more information about our military benefits.