Trade & Technical
Technical professionals are in high demand throughout the country. Employers are constantly looking for highly-skilled workers to help customers with their technical issues, including repairs to HVAC or electrical systems. To succeed in these careers, a candidate will need the right technical knowledge combined with skills in communication and customer service. At Summit College, our programs aim to provide you with the training and experience you need to perform exceptional service.
Our Technical Programs
At Summit College, we offer several technical programs designed to help you launch your new career. Our classes blend in-class education with the hands-on training that you need to excel in the field. We currently offer three different technical programs:
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning / Refrigeration (HVAC)
- Welding Technology
If you like to fix things, or if you enjoy the challenge of taking apart systems and putting them back together again, a technical career might be right for you.
Students in our technical programs will learn the skills they need to succeed in their chosen profession in a hands-on environment. You will be guided by our experienced faculty, all of whom have years of experience in the trade. They work hard to help you develop an in-depth knowledge of the most current concepts, equipment, and technology used in the field.
At Summit College, we understand that the technical and trade field is constantly changing, so our practices and content must be updated constantly. Our goal is to prepare our students for employment in the technical field using the most current practices, an updated curriculum, and well-rounded learning experiences.
Benefits of Completing a Technical Program
There are many great benefits to pursuing one of the technical career programs at Summit College:
- Job satisfaction. If you enjoy working with your hands, a technical career is a great way to earn a living while you do what you love. When you are happy with your job, that satisfaction tends to transfer over to other parts of your life.
- High earning potential. Technical industry careers often pay quite well, allowing you to make a comfortable living that will support your family. For example, the average starting salary for a new electrician is $44,000*, and the earning potential will only grow from there.
- Job security. Technical careers aren’t at risk of being outsourced, so you can feel confident in the security of your job. The world needs HVAC technicians, electricians, and welders to keep civilized society up and running.
- Availability. Not only are technical careers secure, but there are also many openings for them. Whether you are looking for your first job or want to make a change to a new company, there should be no shortage of opportunities available to you.
Whether you are a recent high school graduate or are looking for a career change, our technical programs can provide you the education you need to start your next adventure. To learn more about the programs that we offer and which might be right for you, contact us at Summit College today.