Certified Nursing Assistant
Certified Nursing Assistant Objectives:
Summit College is committed to offering students the individual attention and knowledge that will help them succeed in the nursing profession. Partnered with a team of knowledgeable instructors, you will receive constant support as you accomplish your goal of becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant.
What Will I Learn?
Our Certified Nursing Assistant program introduces you to a range of subjects that will help you provide exceptional assistance and care:
- Principles on Safe and Effective Care
- Nutrition and Hydration
- Maintenance of Mobility
- Psychology of Patients
- Patient Safety
- Legal Issues Related to Nursing
- Use of Medical Equipment
These are just a few of the skills and course topics you will learn. You will also learn to use critical thinking skills required in a variety of healthcare settings.
Where Can I Work?
As a Certified Nursing Assistant, you will work directly with nurses and patients and be responsible for a number of care related and administrative tasks. You will be able to work in the following facilities:
- Medical Clinics
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Nursing and Retirement Facilities
- In-home Medical Support Services
What Will I Do?
You will have a large and important role in patient care.
Some of your duties may include:
- Personal patient care, including bathing, dressing and feeding patients
- Helping to mobilize patients
- Helping patients get daily exercise
- Answering patient calls for help
- Taking vital signs
- Monitoring patient behavior and physical condition