History & Mission
Summit College was founded in 1991 in Colton, California. The school was approved by the Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education in 1992, shortly after its founding. In 1994, Summit College received its national accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
In 2003, Summit College opened its first branch campus, in Anaheim, California. In January 2015, Summit College relocated the Anaheim branch campus to Santa Ana, California. Later that year, in October 2015, Summit College opened a second branch campus in El Cajon, California.
Today, Summit College operates three campuses servicing the Inland Empire and San Diego and Orange counties. The College offers short- and long-term programs in a variety of fields, such as:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Dental Assistant
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- IV Therapy
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Medical Assistant Clinical & Administrative
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Electronic Health Record Coding
Trade and Technical
- Payroll, AP/AR & Human Resources
Summit College follows a formula that has led to its students’ success, and will continue in its efforts to provide the very best training in Orange County, San Diego County and the Inland Empire. This formula brings together knowledgeable instructors, personal attention, academic support, free tutoring services and current facilities that are always being updated to meet the requirements and needs of the job market.
Our Career Services staff are prepared to assist students in writing resumes, training for interviews, finding externships and job placement after graduation.
All of our programs are tailored to meet student’s needs and expectations. In order to make education possible for everyone, our programs have multiple start dates throughout the year and are offered mornings, nights and weekends. Also, Summit College’s programs have different length options, ranging from eight hours for CPR certification to nine months for comprehensive career training, like our Dental Assistant program.
Summit College Mission
The mission of Summit College is to provide adult learners with entry-level skills and technological knowledge necessary to achieve success in their chosen vocational fields. Summit College is committed to offering quality education that meets the needs of its students and assisting them in pursuing their educational goals.
Summit College Goals
- To instill, through knowledge, the ability to contribute to society in a professional and successful manner.
- To provide a caring, nurturing learning environment that promotes academic excellence.
- To employ qualified and dedicated faculty members who possess both educational and related experience in the fields they teach. To encourage their continued professional development and support of the college’s mission, purpose and objectives.
- To support our students in their studies by means of tutorial services, academic advisement and employment assistance.
- To provide our students with a facility that offers technologies and equipment relevant to their fields of study.
- To remain committed to a culture of academic freedom and collegial engagement.
- To provide programs that meet the needs of the community while consistently reviewing the curriculum, ensuring that the applicable skills and knowledge acquired result in entry-level employment.